In order to best serve our patients and the people who love them while keeping our team members safe, we want to reassure you that our team is taking every recommended precaution in order to continue to provide your pet with the highest quality care you’ve come to expect.
We want you to feel comfortable bringing your pet to Macungie Animal Hospital during these turbulent times. We are making some temporary changes and taking the following steps to assure you of our commitment to you and your pet:
- Starting March 25th, we will be closing at 7 PM Monday through Friday. Saturday will remain open during our normal 8 AM – 2 PM hours.
- Effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020 in response to Governor Wolf’s mandatory non-essential business closures, we are reducing the number of team members in the practice on a daily basis and restructuring our appointments to be able to serve patients who are sick or injured.
- Wellness visits will be rescheduled or scheduled into the month of May.
- We will continue to be available for sick patient appointments as much as possible.
- We will continue to fill medication and diet refills during our operating hours.
In an effort to practice social distancing, we are implementing the following procedures.
- We ask that you take advantage of our Curbside Check-In for all appointments and medication/diet pick-ups. Please call us from our parking lot when you arrive for your appointment, we will walk you through the Curbside procedure.
- If after speaking with a team member from the parking lot, you will be accompanying your pet into our practice, we ask that only one family member enter with the pet. Please do not come to the practice if you or a family member is not feeling well. Please remain 3 feet from the reception desk and six feet from anyone else as recommended by the CDC.
- We will be processing invoices over the phone from the comfort and convenience of your vehicle and will bring any medications, diets, and pet back to you with your receipt.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact a team member at our office.
A few ways to reduce the spread of Coronavirus
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm running water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Keep your hands away from your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Isolate yourself at home if you feel sick.
- Phone your doctor at the first sign of illness.
- Continue with healthy habits: eat well, exercise, drink water, and get plenty of sleep
- Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with over 60 percent alcohol
- Shaking hands is not recommended
We are actively monitoring developments related to animals and the virus, and you can find the latest updated information about COVID-19 as it relates to pets on the AVMA’s coronavirus page. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with questions, 610-421-8381.