Updated COVID-19 Policies
In order to best serve our patients and the people who love them while keeping our team members safe, we have updated some of our policies and are taking the following steps to assure you of our continued commitment to you and your pet:
- If you have any symptoms of Coronavirus, or have been exposed to anyone with symptoms, please refrain from coming to the practice. Call us to make special arrangements to meet your pet’s needs.
- As is the case with any public place or facility outside your home, your presence at MAH might expose you or others to the Coronavirus.
In an effort to practice social distancing and limiting the number of individuals in our reception area, we are implementing the following procedures.
- If you are picking up medication, please come into the facility.
- If you are coming for an appointment, please call us from the parking lot. After the nurse talks with you about your pet’s needs, she will offer you the option of coming inside the practice.
- Although we are allowing clients into our facility, we also continue to offer Curbside Service to those who wish to remain in their cars. Please call us from our parking lot when you arrive for your appointment, we will walk you through the Curbside procedure.
- Please practice grace and patience with everyone that is trying to help you. We will be doing everything we can to make your and your pet’s visit as comfortable as possible within the current pandemic situation but staffing may be limited and delays are possible.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact a team member at our office.
A few ways to reduce the spread of Coronavirus
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm running water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Keep your hands away from your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Isolate yourself at home if you feel sick.
- Phone your doctor at the first sign of illness.
- Continue with healthy habits: eat well, exercise, drink water, and get plenty of sleep
- Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with over 60 percent alcohol
- Shaking hands is not recommended
We are actively monitoring developments related to animals and the virus, and you can find the latest updated information about COVID-19 as it relates to pets on the AVMA’s coronavirus page. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with questions, 610-421-8381.